2013 Summer Work Study Program
|2013 Summer Work Study Program|
|Students do NOT have to be OSAP eligible|
|Positions are open to all undergraduates (i.e., domestic and international students, students studying on a part-time basis - at least 1.0 credits during the months of May to August) AND graduate students*|
|Employers cover 20% of student wages, the remainder will be funded centrally|
|PERA funds can be used to cover the employer's 20% contribution|
* Students registered in Toronto School of Theology programs are NOT eligible to participate in this program.
Employer Eligibility and Responsibilities
An employer must be U of T faculty or staff and must be physically on-campus for the position's duration (i.e., Summer). Note: PhD Candidates, post-doctoral fellows and casual staff members cannot hire Work Study students. Employers may submit multiple Work Study proposals; each proposal can offer a maximum of 2 vacancies. The employer's contribution to the student's wages will be 20%. The remaining 80% will be funded centrally. Note: Faculty can use their Professional Expense Reimbursement Allowance (PERA) to fund the 20% employer contribution.
Work-Study employers must:
To be eligible, a student must:
Note: Students are only permitted to accept one Work Study position per program period.
Submission and Approval of Work Proposals: Faculty and Staff
PROPOSALS FOR SUMMER MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MARCH 28, 2013
To submit a 2013 Summer Work Study proposal, faculty and staff must register with the Career Centre. Once registered, you'll be sent a User ID via e-mail which can be used to login to the Career Centre website.
When you log in, select 'Your Jobs' from below 'Your Account' in the left-hand menu. Select 'Add a new job' and then, from below 'FOR UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYERS ONLY', select the Work Study link and complete the form.
Work Study Proposals must:
Work Study positions must:
Once submitted, proposals will be reviewed by the Career Centre and assigned a job order number, which will be e-mailed to you. Enrolment Services then will review all proposals, determine which proposals are approved for the summer program and send an e-mail to successful employers prior to listing the Work Study positions on the Career Centre website. Enrolment Services will contact potential employers if there are questions about a proposal.
Funding is limited for this program and therefore not all Work Study proposals will be approved.
Salary and Payment Information
The rate of pay is $10.25 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. The employer will be expected to contribute 20% of salary costs. The remaining 80% will be funded centrally.
Further information about the U of T's new Work Study program is available on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
For questions about student eligibility and payment procedures:
Tel: (416) 946-0443
For questions about registering with the Career Centre and submitting your Work Study proposals:
Tel: (416) 978-8018